Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Listen to the Rock

I'm at work, breathing in toxic dust and listening to THE ROCK . . . err, rock music, that is. Not the Rock that wants you to smell what he's cooking. Who ever really smelled what the rock was cooking anyway? Maybe his wife, kids, family friends? I wonder if he likes to barbecue . . .

It all started this Tuesday morning with nothing to do at work, which seems to be a recurring pattern lately. I checked my MySpace and saw new videos by Juliette and the Licks. Fabulous. Juliette's energy is contagious. I want her energy so I can make THE ROCK. I want her celebrity so I can have little talent to base it off of, too.

So I moved on from Juliette to the very talented local DC band, Six Watt. They bring THE ROCK as well. I sang tunes for the guitarist and drummer for a short period of time in 2006. I think it was the funnest thing I've ever done. I told the guitarist that while I'm in college, I'm going to learn guitar and take vocal lessons while minoring in creative writing. Then, when I return to DC, I'm going to kidnap Rob and J and force them to play music for me like the wind-up monkeys that pound on the drums. And it will ROCK. I'm determined.

No comments: