Monday, April 21, 2008

4.21.8

It's Monday. I'm at work. There's nothing to do. I spent all last week clearing my mind and am very proud of myself for it. I have found peace within myself, only to feel like I should toss a few waves into the calm sea. Not that I want to stir things up, shake them, but just get my thoughts going again.

When I moved into my mother's house again, at 23 years old, a military veteran and soon-to-be divorcee, I was restless. I thought I respected my mother, but I think I've only now found peace with her. It's tough having to be the strong-minded one in any relationship when you barely have a leg to stand on in that sense. I had to consider all that I've been through in my life, all that she's been through, relate to and learn from our pasts. It was tough and took a lot of thinking and time to myself. I hope that I can keep this peace.

My sister is finding her independence, past the tumultuous relationships she has chosen and stayed in the past. I'm really happy for her, and for me because I feel like I finally have a sister.

No comments: